The Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) honours the legacy of Varda Group co-founder Steve Sawyer who passed away last year, through the establishment of an annual Memorial Award in support of young people on the frontlines of the energy transition. This year’s award will go to Africa. Applications are open until 7 June 2020.
- Strategic scoping for the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation
- Ship project management for Greenpeace International
- Review for Versus Arthritis
- Participation in the High Seas Treaty Dialogue organized by the Norwegian Nobel Institute and the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation
- Advice on development of Outreach Strategy for Greenpeace UK
- Drafting Responsibly Addressing the Ocean in the Context of Climate Ambition, on behalf of the Secretariat of the Because the Ocean Initiative, submitted to the Ocean Dialogue of the 52nd Session of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change’s Subsidiary Body on Scientific and Technical Advice (SBSTA)
- Invited speaker at WWF workshop “Blue Road to Glasgow, COP 26, and Beyond”
- Participant in UK Minister Zac Goldsmith‘s Marine RoundTable
- Advice and support to the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) on the socioeconomic aspects of the global energy transition, including attending the 10th annual IRENA Assembly
- Participation in COP25 on behalf of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), the Because the Ocean Initiative, and in cooperation with the Thyssen Museum and the Thyssen-Bornemisza Art Contemporary Foundation.
- Conference in Madrid, COP25, the BlueCOP, hosted by the Spanish Network for Sustainable Development (REDS)
- Blue is the New Green, op-ed published by Virgin Unite on the eve of the COP25
- Participation and presentation at the Our Ocean conference in Oslo
- Facilitation of the Ocean & Climate Nexus conference in Paris, on behalf of the Tara Ocean Foundation
- Drafting, design and publishing the Ocean for Climate report, on behalf of the Because the Ocean initiative
- Participation in the WTO Public Forum, on behalf of the Friends of Ocean Action
- The IPCC Ocean Takeaways Before the Blue COP, on behalf of the Because the Ocean initiative
- Delegate at the 51st Session of the Intergovernmental Panel of Experts on Climate Change (IPCC) and launch of the Special Report on the Ocean and the Cryosphere in a Changing Climate (SCROCC)
- Policy support to the Friends of Ocean Action
- Advocacy at the Aid for Trade Review Conference at WTO HQ
- Strategic advice to the Friends of Ocean Action
- Guest Article on IISD SDG Knowledge Hub: WTO Fisheries Negotiations: Failure is not an Option.
- Panelist at the WTO-RSIS Asia-Pacific Parliamentarians workshop in Singapore.
- Presentation on behalf of the Because the Ocean initiative secretariat at the meeting of the Friends of the Ocean and Climate hosted by Sweden, Chile and Fiji at the Bonn Climate Conference.
- Drafting and publishing the reports of the Before the Blue COP workshops, on behalf of the Because the Ocean initiative.
- Organization and facilitation of the Pacific edition of the Before the Blue COP workshops series in Suva, Fiji, on behalf of the Because the Ocean Initiative.
- Organizational support and co-facilitation of the Climate & Ocean Negotiators Symposium in Suva, Fiji, at the request of the Ministry of Economy of Fiji.
- Organizing and facilitating the international conference and workshop Before the Blue COP in Madrid, on behalf of the Because the Ocean Initiative. [Click here to download 7 pages Pdf report]
- Facilitation of the strategic planning retreat of the senior management of Climate Analytics.
- Scoping and presentation for the Friends of Ocean Action.
- Guest speaker at the launch of the book “Greenpeace-France Une Histoire d’Engagements“.
- Strategic advice to the Friends of Ocean Action for The Economist Ocean Summit.
- Panelist at the conference Towards an Inclusive Blue Economy organized by the International Institute on Environment and Development (IIED).
- Panelist at the international Conference on Climate Change and the Preservation of the Ocean organized and hosted by the Belgian Government.
- Facilitation of a strategy workshop hosted by the Adessium Foundation on Mediterranean fisheries.
- Policy analysis for the Friends of Ocean Action.
- Participation in France’s 5th Concertation Meeting on High Seas Governance.
- Presentation and participation in the annual seminar of the Ocean & Climate Platform.
- Participation in the Working Group on Biodiversity of the Comité France Océan.
- Participation in COP24 in Katowice: Event concept and operational management on behalf of the Because the Ocean initiative. And co-facilitation of afternoon session during Ocean Action Day.
- Support for the Shark League in the Atlantic and Mediterranean.
- Website concept, drafting and launch for the Because the Ocean initiative.
- Support to UN Environment in the development of a long-term Ocean strategy.
- Logistics and policy support to the Ministry of External Relations of Chile for the Regional Workshop of the Because the Ocean initiative on the integration of ocean elements in National Determined Contributions in the framework of the Paris Agreement.
- Co-facilitation of round-table at the UNESCO-IOC High-Level Conference on the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development.
- Strategic advice to the Shark Conservation Fund for the protection of endangered and threatened sharks in South Africa.
- Representation on behalf of Friends of Ocean Action.
- Stakeholders consultations in France on behalf of the Pew Bertarelli Ocean Legacy Programme, and recommendations arising.
- Action strategy for Friends of Ocean Action for SDG14 target implementation.
- Action plan for the Because the Ocean initiative, on behalf of the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation.
- Participation, on behalf of Friends of Ocean Action, in the 2nd Oceans Forum on Trade-Related Aspects of SDG14, organized by UNCTAD in Geneva.
- Strategic advice and stakeholders engagement facilitation for the Pew Bertarelli Ocean Legacy Programme.
- Strategic advice and support to Oceans5.
- Secretariat and facilitation of the conference “The High Seas, What’s at Stakes?” in Paris, on behalf of the High Seas Alliance.
- Strategic scoping for the Oak Foundation, exploring areas of further collaboration among a network of some of the most important endowed and regranting/intermediary foundations in Climate Change global mitigation.
- Preparation and facilitation of Greenpeace’s annual Executive Directors’ Meeting.
- Invited participant at an experts workshop on fisheries in areas beyond national jurisdiction, organized in Paris by IDDRI and BLOOM.
- Communications and editing support for the REN21 Global Status Report on the renewable energy transition.
- Participant and presenter at a workshop on fisheries subsidies, upon invitation from the Pew Charitable Trusts, in Washington DC and on behalf of the Low Hanging Fish campaign.
- Partners coordination for the conference “High Seas, What’s at Stake?” to be held in Paris in June.
- Participant in a workshop on Ocean in the Nationally Determined Contribution of Chile, at the University of Concepción, Chile on behalf of the Ocean & Climate Platform and the Because the Ocean initiative.
- Scoping study for the Shark Conservation Fund on campaigning opportunities in specific regional fisheries management organizations.
- Scoping study for the Shark Conservation Fund on campaigning opportunities in specific regional fisheries management organizations.
- Panellist at the conference on Ocean and OverSeas territories at the French National Centre on Space Studies, Paris.
- Support to BLOOM in their campaign against electric fishing at the European Parliament
- Strategic scoping for the High Seas Alliance
- Panelist at IDDRI’s public conference “International Negotiations to save biodiveristy: Renewing the Futures?”
- Running The Low Hanging Fish campaign with BLOOM at the 11th Ministerial Conference of the World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Facilitation of the strategic planning meeting for organisations working to designate marine protected areas in the Southern Ocean
- Facilitation of the strategic planning meeting of the High Seas Alliance, in Washington DC
- Keynote speech at opening plenary of the first Conference of Defence, Security & Environment Ministers from Ecuador, Panama and Costa Rica set to establish regional cooperation mechanisms for environmental & ocean security, in San José, Costa Rica.
- Coordination and communications support to International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) special events at COP23 Bonn
- Strategic support, coordination and organization of “Towards Ocean-Related NDCs” workshop and working dinner, for the Because the Ocean initiative at COP23 Bonn
- Facilitating of the Break Free From Plastic‘s Steering Committee meeting, Brussels
- Participation at the 4th Our Ocean conference, Malta, on assignment from the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation supporting the launch the Coral Reef Life Declaration.
- Coordination and communications support to the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) in the run-up to the Bonn climate conference (COP23)
- Participation at WTO’s Public Forum in Geneva, including a session “The Low Hanging Fish: Will the WTO deliver on SDG Target 14.6?”, in partnership with BLOOM and ICTSD
- Speaker at ICTSD’s Fisheries Subsidies Knowledge-Sharing Seminar, in Geneva
July and August 2017
- Drafting and publication of The Low Hanging Fish, a review of the 7 WTO proposals on fisheries subsidies, in partnership with BLOOM
- Strategic support to the Lonxanet Foundation for sustainable fishing
- Communications and editing support for REN21’s Renewable Energy 2017 Global Status Report
- Participation in the UN Ocean Conference in New York, in partnership with BLOOM
- Organizing the conference Antarctica Today & Tomorrow in Paris, on behalf of the Antarctic and Southern Ocean Coalition (ASOC) and in partnership with the Albert I Prince of Monaco Foundation and the Albert II of Monaco Foundation
Consultations for the Call for Action ahead of the UN Ocean Conference, in New York UNHQ
- Attendance to the Bonn Climate Conference on behalf of CAN International
- Strategic advice and support to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Chile and the Because the Ocean initiative at the Bonn Climate Conference
- Strategic advice to Climate Action Network
- Panelist, on behalf of the Antarctic & Southern Ocena Coalition (ASOC) at the Round-Table “France, A Polar Nation in the 21st Century”, Neuilly-Sur-Seine, France
- Strategic advice to Climate Action Network
- Participation in the preparatory meeting for the UN Ocean Conference of June 2017, New York
- Participation, on behalf of the Because the Ocean Initiative, in the First Ocean and Climate Initiatives Alliance meeting, Paris
- Scoping and strategic recommendations for the Antarctic Ocean Alliance
- Communications and editing support for REN 21
- Facilitation of a strategy workshop for IRENA’s Coalition for Action in Abu Dhabi
- Communications support work for the Wildlife Justice Commission
- Preparing Memoranda of Understanding for The Nature Conservancy (TNC) and Japanese partners
- Article on harmful fisheries subsidies and the Sustainable Development Goals in UNCTAD’s Trade & Environment Review 2016
- Strategic support for IRENA’s Coalition for Action
- Coordination of the launch of the 2nd Because the Ocean Declaration during UNFCCC COP22, Marrakech
- Communications support for IRENA events at COP22 including Energy Day and the World Climate Summit
- Continued communications advice and support for the Wildlife Justice Commission before and after the public hearing on wildlife crime in Vietnam
- Round-Table Facilitation at the “One Ocean” conference at the Oceanographic Institute, Paris
- Strategic analysis and advice to the Global Ocean Legacy Programme of the Pew Charitable Trusts
- Continued communications advice and support for the Wildlife Justice Commission in preparation for a public hearing on the illegal wildlife trade in Vietnam
- Facilitation of a workshop during Climate Week NYC to discuss enhanced international action on climate change in the run-up to 2020.
- Coordination and communications support to the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) in the run-up to the Marrakesh climate conference (COP22)
- Organization of workshop “Is the Paris Agreement Good News for the Ocean?” on behalf of the Chilean Ministry of Foreign Affairs, at National Geographic Headquarters, Washington DC
- Support team for the Because the Ocean initiative during the 3rd Our Ocean conference, Washington DC
- Advising to Friends of the Earth UK ‘s Senior Leadership Team
- Organizational planning for Pacific Wild
July and August 2016
- Communications advice to the ClimateWorks Foundation on the impact of shipping emissions on climate and the ocean
- Planning of Tokyo visit of The Nature Conservancy Marine Program delegation
- Continued communications advice and support for the Wildlife Justice Commission
- Facilitation of Canopy‘s strategy planning meeting in Stockholm
- Participation in the meeting on First Global Forum on Alliances and Coalitions, in Rabat, in preparation for the COP22 Climate Summit
- Communications advice and support for HiiL Innovating Justice
- Campaign and communications advice and support for the Wildlife Justice Commission
- Participation in the fourth meeting of the International Advisory Group of the Fisheries Transparency Initiative, in Madrid
- Communications support to REN21 for the launch of their 2016 Renewables Global Status Report
Drafting of discussion paper and co-facilitating at the Postdam Ocean Governance Workshop of the Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IAAS)
- Scoping for a strategic proposal commissioned The Nature Conservancy Marine Programme
- Organizing two workshop and consultations at the Bonn Climate Change Conference, on behalf of the Because the Ocean initiative
- Communications advice and support for HiiL Innovating Justice including for the launch of its report on Justice Needs in Uganda.
- Campaign and communications advice and support for the Wildlife Justice Commission
- Communication support for the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Attending, on behalf of the Global Ocean Commission, the First Session of the UN Preparatory Committee for the Development of an instrument on high seas marine biological diversity
- Presentation and participation at a shipping and climate change workshop organized by the ClimateWorks Foundation
- Co-faciliation of a dialogue on action to curb marine plastics pollution at the Headquarters of the German Cooperation Agency GIZ
- Scoping mission in Tokyo on behalf of The Nature Conservancy Marine Program, and report with recommendations
- Assisting Greenpeace in the development of its strategy framework for the next ten years
- Campaign case studies and recommendations to ClimateWorks Foundation to inform their work on greenhouse gas emissions in the shipping sector
- Strategic communications advice to the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Attendance at Seaweb 2016, the Sustainable Seafood Summit, in Malta
- Strategic analysis and advice for the Pew Global Ocean Legacy Project
- Facilitation of a ‘Megacities’ campaign planning meeting for several Greenpeace offices
- “Leadership in Environmental Advocacy”: Varda’s annual three-days course for postgraduate master international students at Madrid’s School of Industrial Management (EOI)
- Campaign training for World Animal Protection international and regional staff, in San José, Costa Rica
- Drafting inputs into “The Future of Our Ocean – Next Steps and Priorities” – the final report of the Global Ocean Commission
November and December 2015
- Strategy and communications work with IRENA at COP 21, around the “Renewable Energy Track,” including a major conference on 6 December and the LPAA Energy Action Day on 7 December.
- Strategic development and organization of the Because the Ocean event and follow-up at COP21 in Paris.
- Work with the IRENA communications team in Abu Dhabi in preparation for COP 21 in Paris
- Organization and facilitation of a Working Session on fisheries subsidies at the WTO Forum, Geneva, on behalf of the Global Ocean Commission
- Panel speaker at IDDRI’s conference “Implementing the Ocean Sustainable Development Goal“, in Paris
- Hosted a planning meeting of the Global Ocean Commission Secretariat
- Communications advice and support to the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Coordination in New York of film production “SDG 14 – An Ocean Opportunity”
- Panel speaker at UNCTAD Ad Hoc Experts Meeting on Sustainable Fisheries, in Geneva
- Speaker at media training workshop on Marine Conservation , organized by the Earth journalism Network and the Bertarelli Foundation, in Valparaiso, Chile
- Logistical scoping for UNFCCC COP21
- Panelist at the conference on “Climate and Change and Ocean Heath”, organized in Paris by Le Monde Diplomatique and the Bertarelli Foundation, in Paris
- Speaker at EU sponsored seminar in Reykjavík, Iceland: “Effects of Climate Change on the Ocean Biosphere”
- Campaign training for the Iceland Nature Conservation Association
- Speaker at side event at UN Post 2015 Agenda negotiations at UN HQ, New York
- Organization of Global Ocean Commission delegation visit to World Trade Organization HQ, Geneva, including keynote speech at seminar hosted by the New Zealand Mission
- Preparations, presentations and strategic inputs and participation for the Fifth Meeting of the Global Ocean Commission
- Logistical scoping for UNFCCC COP21
- Webinar on strategic planning for campaigns, for Ceres
- Speaker at the American Women’s Club of Amsterdam
- Panelist at the annual meeting of the UN Consultative Process on Oceans and the Law of the Sea
- Participation in the Intersessional Consultative Group on Transboundary Pollution and the Legal Committee of the International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- Mid-term review of a re-organisation process at Greenpeace International
- Strategic advice, planning and coaching for the Lonxanet Foundation for Sustainable Artisanal Fishing
- Participation in the UN Post2015 Intergovernmental Negotiation in New York, including organizing a side event on behalf of the Global Ocean Commisison and the UM Missions of Sweden and Fiji
- Roundtable facilitation at the conference on Marine Plastic Waste and the Circular Economy, in Washington DC
- Scoping work for a Global Ocean Accountability Board
- Organizational support to Climate Analytics including facilitation of their strategic planning retreat
- Conference on environmental advocacy for post-graduate students at Madrid’s School of Industrial Management
- Strategic development for the Global Ocean Commission
- Participation in the final meeting of the UN Working Group on Marine Biodiversity in Areas Beyond National Jurisdiction, New York
- Prepared and facilitated a campaign planning meeting for Greenpeace in Europe as part of its Food For Life campaign, in Berlin
- Organization of the Monaco Roundtable on ocean governance, with the Fondation Albert II of Monaco, the Pew Charitable Trusts, and the Global Ocean Commission
- Organization of a strategic workshop on high seas fisheries subsidies, jointly with the International Centre on Trade and Sustainable Development (ICTSD), in Geneva
- Strategic support on behalf of the Global Ocean Commission at the workshop sponsored by the Center on Foreign Relations (CFR), “Advancing US Leadership on Ocean Governance”, in Washington DC
- Workshop for Transparency International on Advocacy, focused on approaches to strategy development
- Preparation and facilitation of Greenpeace’s Actions and Ships Strategy Meeting
- Keynote speech at the REN21 Renewables Academy, for the session “Debunking Myths about Renewable Energy: How to Work with the Media”
- Facilitation of Greenpeace’s Mediterranean regional meeting to develop an organizational three-year plan
- Organization and facilitation of a strategic workshop held in London, on behalf of the Global Ocean Commission
- Organization of a Panel discussion on the Science/policy interface, at the Second International Ocean Research Conference of UNESCO’s Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission, in Barcelona
- Preparations and facilitation of Greenpeace’s global Food For Life meeting
- Keynote speech and participation at the Workshop on Ocean Governance organized by the Institute of Applied Sustainability Studies (IASS) in Potsdam, Germany
- Keynote speech at the international assembly of Impact Hub, global network of social entrepreneurs
- Strategy development advise to Greenpeace global forests campaign
- Participation in New York Climate Week and the UN Climate Summit
- Strategic advice and support to the Global Call for Climate Action
- Organizing workshops at the UN Conference of Small Island Developing States in Samoa, on behalf of the Global Ocean Commission and in partnership with the South Pacific Regional Environmental Programme (SPREP)
- Preparation and facilitation of Greenpeace’s Congo Basin Forest and Food For Life meetings
- Preparation and facilitation of Greenpeace’s Congo Basin Forest campaign strategy meeting
- Preparations for the UN Conference of Small Island Developing States in Samoa, on behalf of the Global Ocean Commissionand in collaboration with the South Pacific Regional Environmental Programme (SPREP)
- Development and coordination of Mission Ocean petition campaign
- Campaign training/workshop for Ceres, one of the world’s leading organizations mobilizing investors, companies and public interest groups to build a healthy, sustainable global economy
- Facilitation of a two-day meeting of the Antarctic Ocean Alliance Steering Committee
- Presented at the International Conference on Climate Change Communication 2013 in Beijing
- Preparation and facilitation of Greenpeace’s international Executive and Program Directors’ meeting
- Coordinated the production of ten Policy Options Papers for the 3rd Meeting of the Global Ocean Commission
- Spoke on the panel of experts feeding into the Pacific Islands Forum meeting of Heads of State
- Participation in the Ad-Hoc Working Group on Biodiversity in Areas beyond National Jurisdiction at UN HQ, New York
- Action Aid Supporter Strategy development and project coordination
- Adviser to the Executive Secretary of the Global Ocean Commission at its second plenary meeting in Glen Cove, NY
- Presentation and facilitation at a workshop of the Pew Shark Conservation Project in Washington DC
- Participation and scoping at the Deep Sea Mining Summit in London
- Workshop with the GCCA on campaign strategy development (London, 27 June)
- Strategic advice and presentation at Tokyo international symposia and workshop on systemic pesticides, on behalf of Act Beyond Trust
- Workshop facilitation on Extended Producer Responsibility and Product Stewardship principles for tobacco control, public health and environmental experts, San Diego, US.
- Preparation and facilitation of Greenpeace India Organisational Development Plan retreat, Bangalore
- Participation in the team planning meeting of Pew’s Global Ocean Legacy Program (London) and the Pew French contractors meeting (Paris)
- Strategic planning for the IUCN Task Force on Systemic Pesticides, on behalf of Act Beyond Trust, Japan
- Political advice to the Pew European Marine Programme
- Strategic advice to CHEM Trust
- Facilitation of Greenpeace’s international toxics campaign strategy discussions
- Advice on the development of a mobilisation strategy to Action Aid International
- Strategic paper and support for the Global Ocean Commission
- Speaker at the conference The High Seas, Our Future in Paris
- Organizing and presenting a stakeholders workshop in Brussels, on behalf of Act Beyond Trust, Japan
- Speaker in the Connect4Climate panel discussion at the Milan Design Week
- Participation in the Communications Working Group of the IUCN Task Force on Systemic Pesticides, at Louvain-La-Neuve University, Belgium
- Preparation and facilitation of Amnesty International UK AGM workshop
- Preparation and facilitation of Greenpeace International Executive Directors’ meeting
- Research and strategic analysis for the IUCN Task Force on Systemic Pesticides, on behalf of Act Beyond Trust, Japan
- Logistics for, and participation in the annual meeting of Spanish Pew contractors, in Barcelona
- Oversaw an organizational strategic planning process for the GCCA
- Strategic advice and presentation at the first meeting of the Global Ocean Commission, Cape town
- Research and report for the office of the Pew European Marine Programme, Brussels
- Facilitation of Greenpeace’s international Programme meeting and Actions Skillshare
- Strategic support and outreach for the launch of the Global Ocean Commission in London
- As chair of the advisory panel for the United Nations Momentum for Change initiative, facilitated the first meeting of the panel since a major expansion of the project
- Teaching a course, Leadership in Environmental Advocacy and Negotiation, at Madrid international business school Instituto de Empresa
- Preparation and facilitation of Greenpeace’s global programme meeting in Istanbul
- Facilitating preparation of six draft research papers on EPR issues related to cigarette butt waste for review at workshop in June 2013
- Participated in strategy sessions to achieve a powerful international climate agreement in 2015
- Joined the advisory committee for a major upcoming conference on women’s leadership in addressing climate change.
- Strategic and logistical support in Cape Town, South Africa, on behalf of the Global Ocean Commission in preparation for their first plenary meeting
- Project development for Act Beyond Trust, Japan
- Preparation and facilitation of organisational strategy development meetings for Greenpeace International
- Campaigning at the Doha climate negotiations. As chair of the advisory panel for the UNFCCC “Momentum for Change” initiative, Kelly presented the 2012 awards along with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and UN climate head Christiana Figueres
- Facilitating a strategic workshop of the IUCN Task Force on Systemic Pesticides, on behalf of Act Beyond Trust, Japan
- Drafting of papers prior to the launch of the Global Ocean Commission
- Preparing presentation and panel discussion for the Lonxanet Foundation, at the Spanish National Environmental Congress
- Moderator of the panel “Freeing Ourselves from a High Carbon Future” at SXSW Eco, in Austin Texas on 5 October
- Planning workshop for Act-Beyond-Trust, Japan
- Press briefings in Paris and Madrid on behalf of the Pew Environment Group Tuna Conservation Programme
- Strategic planning for the Lonxanet Foundation for artisanal sustainable fishing.
- Preparation and facilitation of the October 2012 Executive Directors’ meeting of Greenpeace
- Providing strategic advice to the Cigarette Butt Pollution Project
- Speaker at the September 26 launch of the Climate Vulnerable Monitor, a comprehensive assessment of the risks and impacts posed by climate change to vulnerable people and communities
- Participation on behalf of the Pew Environment Group in meetings of the Scientific Committee on Statistics of the International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas (ICCAT)
- Hosted a workshop for GCCA member organizations in New York, 27 September
- Speaker at the September 28 launch of “the Vital Few” social media campaign during Climate Week NYC.
- Strategic advice to, and representations on behalf of the Secretariat of the Global Ocean Commission
- Speaker on climate change at the Washington, DC Green Festival on 30 September
- Support to the Pew Tuna Conservation Campaign in their preparations for this year’s meeting of the International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas (ICCAT)
- Kelly addressed the 11th annual Youth Assembly on August 1, in the General Assembly Hall of the UN. Webcast of the event with Kelly’s speech at 2:01:33
- Kelly was also a featured speaker at the AREDAY conference on Leadership for America’s Energy Future. She spoke on two panels, covering Women’s Leadership and Climate Solutions, and Lessons Learned from the Rio Earth Summit
- Facilitation of the planning meeting of the Lonxanet Foundation for Artisanal Sustainable Fishing
- Report for Transparency International’s African Programme on the continuation of their Advocacy campaigns in Francophone Sub-Saharian Africa
- Organization of the Date with History competition, from the launch at the beginning of the year until Brittany Tilford, the contest winner, delivered her speech at the opening ceremony of the Rio+20 conference
- Multi-disciplinary Varda Group team at the Rio+20 conference and summit, on behalf of the Global Campaign for Climate Action (tcktcktck.org), the Natural Respource Defence Council (NRDC), the Pew Environment Group, and the Lonxanet Foundation for sustainable artisanal fishing
- Team member of the multimedia platform OceanInc@Rio
- Representation on behalf of the Pew Tuna conservation Project
- Participation in various round-tables and delivery of various keynote speeches in the run-up to theRio+20 conference
- Participation in the Rio+20 informal consultations in New York, on behalf of the Pew Environment Group, the Natural Resource Defence Council (NRDC) and the Global Campaign for Climate Action (Tcktcktck.org)
- Speaker at the Spanish stakeholders consultations on Rio+20 organized by the Spanish Ministry of the Environment and Fundación Biodiversidad, Madrid 8 May
- Participation in the Spanish delegation to the Rio+20 conference, on behalf of the Lonxanet Foundation for sustainable artisanal fishing
- “Role and Impact of International NGOs in Global Ocean Governance”, a chapter in Ocean Yearbook 26 (2012)
- Participation, on behalf of the GCCA, the Pew Environment Group and NRDC, in the Rio+20 informal consultations at UN HQ, NY, including organization and facilitation of the side-event “From Harmful Subsidies to Safe Subsidies”
- Participation in planning workshops for the establishment of the Global Ocean Commissionheadquartered at Somerville College, Oxford, UK
- Strategic consultations on behalf of the Pew Bluefin Tuna Conservation Project
- Strategic advice, workshop facilitation and logistical support to the Lonxanet Foundation for sustainable fishing
- Participation in Earth Day rally in Washington DC
- Participation on behalf of NRDC and the Pew Environment Group in the Rio+20 Informal negotiations in New York
- Strategic development for the Global Campaign for Climate Action (GCCA/Tcktcktck)
- Facilitation of a strategic workshop for staff and Board members of the Lonxanet Foundation for Sustainable Artisanal Fishing, La Coruña (Spain)
- Presentation at a meeting of the Cigarette Butt Pollution Project, Sacramento, US
- Review of Greenpeace’s Sustainable Agriculture Campaign
- Guest speaker of the Hub-Talk, at Hub-Madrid
- Advocacy teach-in hosted by UNESCO Etxea, the UNESCO House in the Basque country in Bilbao
- Strategic advice to the Global Pew Tuna Conservation Campaign (on-going)
- “Guide for not getting lost in Rio+20”, a six-parts series published by EFE-Verde (in Spanish)
- “Waking up to Climate Change”, a contribution to the OECD Yearbook
- Strategic analysis and scoping for the Fishfight campaign
- Participation in the Rio+20 “Informal informals” at UN HQ, New York, on behalf of NRDC’s Oceans Program, of the Global Campaign for Climate Action (GCCA) and of the Pew Environment Group
- Coaching for Transparency International’s advocacy campaigns in several African countries (on-going)
- Organization and facilitation of a consultants workshop for the Pew European Marine Programme
- Advice on monitoring, reporting and evaluation for Friends of the Earth UK
- Survey of Advocacy Tools and Approach, for Transparency International’s Secretariat
- Organization and facilitation of a strategic workshop for the Directors of Fundación Lonxanet (Spain)
- Speaker at the launch of “Transformative Step of the Day” at the Durban Climate Conference
- Speaker at “Climate Communications Day”, in Durban, hosted by Internews, Earth Journalism Network, and IIED
- Moderated “Positive Energy Club” Ministerial side event (in Durban)
- Speaker at Oxfam’s International Forum on Climate Change Communications (in Durban)
- Organizing and facilitating in Mauritius an Advocacy training workshop for Transparency International’sAdvocacy and Legal Advice Centres from francophone African countries
- Participation in the annual Climate Conference in Durban, on behalf of the Global Campaign for Climate Action
- Lecture at Madrid’s Instituto de Empresa Business School: “Environmental Advocacy, How to Handle it?”
- Strategic advice and representation on behalf of the Pew Environment Group’s Tuna Campaign
- Coaching and advice to Local Campaigner Award Winners, on behalf of the Sheila McKechnie Foundation
- Preparation and facilitation of Greenpeace’s international Climate and Energy meeting
- Lecture on Cigarette Butt Waste Extended Producer Responsibility, at the 6th Annual Trash Summit for the Potomac Watershed
- Preparation of an advocacy training programme on behalf of Transparency International
- Organization of an international workshop and round-table on behalf of the Lonxanet Foundation for sustainable artisanal fishing, in Lisbon, Portugal
- Participation on behalf of the Pew Environment Group in the annual meeting of the Standing Committee on Research and Statistics of the international Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas (ICCAT), and outreach support during the release of a new report
- Review of Greenpeace’s Congo Basin campaign
- Advocacy Teach-In for Spanish NGOs, sponsored by the Spanish Environment Ministry’s Fundación Biodiversidad and Fundación Ecología y Desarrollo of Zaragoza, Spain
- Preparation and facilitation of Greenpeace’s virtual Campaign Directors’ Meeting
- Research for the European Climate Forum
- Review of the Pew European Marine Program
- Moderator and panelist on climate communications at the AREDAY Summit
- Two-day advocacy teach-in in Tokyo for a group of Japanese organic farmers, beekeepers and environmentalists, developing a strategic plan seeking the elimination of neonicotinoid, the pesticide that causes honeybees colony disorder, on behalf of Act-Beyond-Trust, Japan
- Organization of a joint strategic workshop for the European Renewable energy Council (EREC), the global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) and the Global Campaign for Climate Action (GCCA)
- Strategic advice to the Pew Tuna Conservation Project
- Lecture at the Spring University, Dijon, France on “Rio Twenty Years Later”, organized by Edgar Morin’sIIRPC
- Programme development advice to Friends of the Earth UK
- Co-facilitation of Greenpeace Corporate Strategy Summit
- Strategic advice to the European Renewable Energy Council (EREC) and participation in their policy conference
- Participation in the Working Group on the Future of the International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas (ICCAT), on behalf of the Pew Environment Group
- Strategic advice to the Lonxanet Foundation for sustainable artesanal fisheries
- Strategic advice to UNITAR on national legislative frameworks for Pollutant Release and Transfer Registers
- Facilitation of a staff retreat for the US Alliance for Biking and Walking focused on priority workplan topics and team building
- Report for the Pew Shark Conservation campaign
- Participation in and advice at a planning workshop of the Lonxanet Foundation for sustainable artesanal fisheries, La Coruña, Spain
- Attendance, on behalf of the Tktcktck secretariat, at the International Trade Union Confederation’s andSustainlabour’s Madrid Dialogues on Rio+20
- Preparation of a campaigning training workshop for Act Beyond Trust, Japan
- Presenter and moderator at a conference on Public Participation and the Right to Peaceful Protest,Copenhagen
- Collaboration with The Hub-Madrid’s promotional campaign
- Participation in the 2nd session of the Preparatory Committee of the Rio+20 2012 conference, including organization of a side event on behalf of NRDC and the Global Campaign for Climate Action
- Participation in the annual staff and consultants meeting of the Pew European Marine Programme
- Organization and facilitation of the annual planning retreat of the Global Campaign for Climate Action
- Support and advice for the Natural Resource Defense Council (NRDC) Rio+20 planning process
- Scoping for the Pew Shark Conservation campaign
- Speaker and adviser at the strategic planning session of the Oak Foundation Child Abuse Programme, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Participation in the first intersessional meeting for the UN Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20, 2012), at UN HQ, New York, on behalf of Tcktcktck and the Pew Environment Group.
- Fundraising and strategic planning for the Global Campaign for Climate Action