The Varda Group was established in 2003 by Kelly Rigg and Rémi Parmentier. We now have operations in the Netherlands, Spain, and the UK and we work with an extensive network of freelance collaborators. We’ve campaigned to protect the deep sea, sharks and tuna, the climate, health from smoking and on many other issues.
Welcome to The Varda Group
The Varda Group provides strategic advice and campaign expertise and coordination services across a wide range of international environmental and social issues. The Varda Group consists of Varda BV (The Netherlands), Varda Desarrollo Sostenible SL (Spain), and Varda Ltd (UK). In addition, The Varda Foundation (Stichting Varda) is a not-for-profit organisation that has the capacity to carry out charitable projects. The Varda Group was established in 2003 by Rémi Parmentier, Kelly Rigg, and Elaine Lawrence who have been leading campaigns for over 30 years on oceans, climate, disarmament, human health and many other issues. Our specialties include:
- Campaign coordination and leadership
- Political campaigning and advocacy
- Strategic planning
- Project design and management
- Campaign and organizational evaluation
- Meeting facilitation
- Communications strategy design
- Event organization
- Campaign training
Varda staff are fluent in English, French and Spanish (and to a lesser extent Dutch and Portuguese).
- “Leadership in Environmental Advocacy”: Varda’s annual three-days course for postgraduate master international students at Madrid’s School of Industrial Management (EOI)
- Campaign training for World Animal Protection international and regional staff, in San José, Costa Rica.
November and December 2015
- Strategy and communications work with IRENA at COP 21, around the “Renewable Energy Track,” including a major conference on 6 December and the LPAA Energy Action Day on 7 December.
- Strategic development and organization of the Because the Ocean event and follow-up at COP21 in Paris.
- Work with the IRENA communications team in Abu Dhabi in preparation for COP 21 in Paris
- Organization and facilitation of a Working Session on fisheries subsidies at the WTO Forum, Geneva, on behalf of the Global Ocean Commission
- Panel speaker at IDDRI’s conference “Implementing the Ocean Sustainable Development Goal“, in Paris
- Hosted a planning meeting of the Global Ocean Commission Secretariat