The Varda Group was established in 2003 by Kelly Rigg and Rémi Parmentier. We now have operations in the Netherlands, Spain, and the UK and we work with an extensive network of freelance collaborators. We’ve campaigned to protect the deep sea, sharks and tuna, the climate, health from smoking and on many other issues.
Welcome to The Varda Group
The Varda Group provides strategic advice and campaign expertise and coordination services across a wide range of international environmental and social issues. The Varda Group consists of Varda BV (The Netherlands), Varda Desarrollo Sostenible SL (Spain), and Varda Ltd (UK). In addition, The Varda Foundation (Stichting Varda) is a not-for-profit organisation that has the capacity to carry out charitable projects. The Varda Group was established in 2003 by Rémi Parmentier, Kelly Rigg, and Elaine Lawrence who have been leading campaigns for over 30 years on oceans, climate, disarmament, human health and many other issues. Our specialties include:
- Campaign coordination and leadership
- Political campaigning and advocacy
- Strategic planning
- Project design and management
- Campaign and organizational evaluation
- Meeting facilitation
- Communications strategy design
- Event organization
- Campaign training
Varda staff are fluent in English, French and Spanish (and to a lesser extent Dutch and Portuguese).
Join us at Climate COP24 in Katowice:
- 7 December 14h30-15h30 in the Pacific & Koronivia Pavilion Because the Ocean side event: Incorporating the Ocean in NDCs.
- 8 December Ocean Action Day, 15h30-16h30 in the Japanese Pavilion: Enhancing the Ocean Content of NDCs and of Ocean Financing.
- Website concept, drafting and launch for the Because the Ocean initiative.
- Support to UN Environment in the development of a long-term Ocean strategy.
- Logistics and policy support to the Ministry of External Relations of Chile for the Regional Workshop of the Because the Ocean initiative on the integration of ocean elements in National Determined Contributions in the framework of the Paris Agreement.
- Co-facilitation of round-table at the UNESCO-IOC High-Level Conference on the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development.
- Strategic advice to the Shark Conservation Fund for the protection of endangered and threatened sharks in South Africa.
- Representation on behalf of Friends of Ocean Action.
- Stakeholders consultations in France on behalf of the Pew Bertarelli Ocean Legacy Programme, and recommendations arising.
- Action strategy for Friends of Ocean Action for SDG14 target implementation.
- Action plan for the Because the Ocean initiative, on behalf of the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation.