The Varda Group was established in 2003 by Kelly Rigg and Rémi Parmentier. We now have operations in the Netherlands, Spain, and the UK and we work with an extensive network of freelance collaborators. We’ve campaigned to protect the deep sea, sharks and tuna, the climate, health from smoking and on many other issues.
Welcome to The Varda Group
The Varda Group provides strategic advice and campaign expertise and coordination services across a wide range of international environmental and social issues. The Varda Group consists of Varda BV (The Netherlands), Varda Desarrollo Sostenible SL (Spain), and Varda Ltd (UK). In addition, The Varda Foundation (Stichting Varda) is a not-for-profit organisation that has the capacity to carry out charitable projects. The Varda Group was established in 2003 by Rémi Parmentier, Kelly Rigg, and Elaine Lawrence who have been leading campaigns for over 30 years on oceans, climate, disarmament, human health and many other issues. Our specialties include:
- Campaign coordination and leadership
- Political campaigning and advocacy
- Strategic planning
- Project design and management
- Campaign and organizational evaluation
- Meeting facilitation
- Communications strategy design
- Event organization
- Campaign training
Varda staff are fluent in English, French and Spanish (and to a lesser extent Dutch and Portuguese).
- Communications advice and support for HiiL Innovating Justice including for the launch of its report on Justice Needs in Uganda.
- Campaign and communications advice and support for the Wildlife Justice Commission
- Communication support for the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Scoping mission in Tokyo on behalf of The Nature Conservancy Marine Program, and report with recommendations
- Assisting Greenpeace in the development of its strategy framework for the next ten years
- Campaign case studies and recommendations to ClimateWorks Foundation to inform their work on greenhouse gas emissions in the shipping sector
- Strategic communications advice to the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Attendance at Seaweb 2016, the Sustainable Seafood Summit, in Malta
- Strategic analysis and advice for the Pew Global Ocean Legacy Project
- Facilitation of a ‘Megacities’ campaign planning meeting for several Greenpeace offices