The Varda Group was established in 2003 by Kelly Rigg and Rémi Parmentier. We now have operations in the Netherlands, Spain, and the UK and we work with an extensive network of freelance collaborators. We’ve campaigned to protect the deep sea, sharks and tuna, the climate, health from smoking and on many other issues.
Welcome to The Varda Group
The Varda Group provides strategic advice and campaign expertise and coordination services across a wide range of international environmental and social issues. The Varda Group consists of Varda BV (The Netherlands), Varda Desarrollo Sostenible SL (Spain), and Varda Ltd (UK). In addition, The Varda Foundation (Stichting Varda) is a not-for-profit organisation that has the capacity to carry out charitable projects. The Varda Group was established in 2003 by Rémi Parmentier, Kelly Rigg, and Elaine Lawrence who have been leading campaigns for over 30 years on oceans, climate, disarmament, human health and many other issues. Our specialties include:
- Campaign coordination and leadership
- Political campaigning and advocacy
- Strategic planning
- Project design and management
- Campaign and organizational evaluation
- Meeting facilitation
- Communications strategy design
- Event organization
- Campaign training
Varda staff are fluent in English, French and Spanish (and to a lesser extent Dutch and Portuguese).
Read The Low Hanging Fish, a review of the 7 WTO proposals on fisheries subsidies – by The Varda Group & BLOOM
- Coordination and communications support to International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) special events at COP23 Bonn
- Strategic support, coordination and organization of “Towards Ocean-Related NDCs” workshop and working dinner, for the Because the Ocean initiative at COP23 Bonn
- Facilitating of the Break Free From Plastic‘s Steering Committee meeting, Brussels
- Participation at the 4th Our Ocean conference, Malta, on assignment from the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation supporting the launch the Coral Reef Life Declaration.
- Coordination and communications support to the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) in the run-up to the Bonn climate conference (COP23)
- Participation at WTO’s Public Forum in Geneva, including a session “The Low Hanging Fish: Will the WTO deliver on SDG Target 14.6?”, in partnership with BLOOM and ICTSD
- Speaker at ICTSD’s Fisheries Subsidies Knowledge-Sharing Seminar, in Geneva
July and August 2017
- Drafting and publication of The Low Hanging Fish, a review of the 7 WTO proposals on fisheries subsidies, in partnership with BLOOM
- Strategic support to the Lonxanet Foundation for sustainable fishing