The Varda Group was established in 2003 by Kelly Rigg and Rémi Parmentier. We now have operations in the Netherlands, Spain, and the UK and we work with an extensive network of freelance collaborators. We’ve campaigned to protect the deep sea, sharks and tuna, the climate, health from smoking and on many other issues.
Welcome to The Varda Group
The Varda Group provides strategic advice and campaign expertise and coordination services across a wide range of international environmental and social issues. The Varda Group consists of Varda BV (The Netherlands), Varda Desarrollo Sostenible SL (Spain), and Varda Ltd (UK). In addition, The Varda Foundation (Stichting Varda) is a not-for-profit organisation that has the capacity to carry out charitable projects. The Varda Group was established in 2003 by Rémi Parmentier, Kelly Rigg, and Elaine Lawrence who have been leading campaigns for over 30 years on oceans, climate, disarmament, human health and many other issues. Our specialties include:
- Campaign coordination and leadership
- Political campaigning and advocacy
- Strategic planning
- Project design and management
- Campaign and organizational evaluation
- Meeting facilitation
- Communications strategy design
- Event organization
- Campaign training
Varda staff are fluent in English, French and Spanish (and to a lesser extent Dutch and Portuguese).
- Communications support to REN21 for the launch of their 2016 Renewables Global Status Report
Drafting of discussion paper and co-facilitating at the Postdam Ocean Governance Workshop of the Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IAAS)
- Scoping for a strategic proposal commissioned The Nature Conservancy Marine Programme
- Organizing two workshop and consultations at the Bonn Climate Change Conference, on behalf of the Because the Ocean initiative
- Communications advice and support for HiiL Innovating Justice including for the launch of its report on Justice Needs in Uganda.
- Campaign and communications advice and support for the Wildlife Justice Commission
- Communication support for the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Attending, on behalf of the Global Ocean Commission, the First Session of the UN Preparatory Committee for the Development of an instrument on high seas marine biological diversity
- Presentation and participation at a shipping and climate change workshop organized by the ClimateWorks Foundation
- Co-faciliation of a dialogue on action to curb marine plastics pollution at the Headquarters of the German Cooperation Agency GIZ