kelly environment varda climate planning project behalf global advice conservation programme facilitation group environmental meeting campaign strategic international support foundation greenpeace participation development
The Varda Group aims to provide a website that is as accessible to as many people as possible, including the visually impaired and users with disabilities.
The site has been designed following W3C standards and we aim for A compliance.
The World Wide Web Consortium develops protocols and guidelines to ensure websites are accessible to as many people as possible.
For the Varda Group this involved using a number of technological and design implementations, meeting certain standards criteria and developing clear editorial guidelines, including:
• text size throughout the site can be altered as required by the visitor using their browser
• all images, audio and video files accompanied by text versions or alt tags
• clear and consistent navigation and layout
• use of clean HTML code
• content rewritten in plain language
• use of jargon kept to a minimum
• standard formats for certain page types (news, country profiles etc)